Head of Sales
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an ambitious, tenacious person to join us as our first Head of Sales. You will be responsible for finding new client opportunities for HandEX and for understanding their needs before moving them forward through our sales funnel. To do this, you’ll use prospecting tools to research and contact our target customers and work with our marketing content leads to test and refine your messaging to these targets.
What you’ll do
- Use prospecting tools to contact these relevant customers and introduce the HandEX value proposition, and then qualify the leads you generate through this outreach
- Work with the marketing content lead to analyse the results of your outreach and run tests to find new tactics to increase conversion rates
- Develop and document best practices and processes/checklists for the work you do, then use these materials to train new SDRs as they join your team
- Serve as on-site sales support for industry events that we attend
- Aptitude to learn a technical product
- Manage a scalable and repeatable data-driven sales development methodology that is grounded in clearly defined performance metrics to consistently meet and exceed targets of sales qualified opportunities created
- Provide regular coaching, actionable feedback, and professional development for everyone on your team
- Hire, onboard, train and motivate new Sales Development Reps both to promote career growth and to increase sales opportunities
- Lead with a player-coach mentality, be hands-on, and empower teams
- Analyse and report on key metrics and forecasts to the Leads Team
- Serve as a role model for the SDR team
- Work cross-functionally with across sales, operations and software
- You are cool under pressure and comfortable adapting to new circumstances in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
- You form close working relationships with colleagues and partners based on kindness, understanding, and mutual respect.
- You put effort into whatever it is you take up and don’t like doing things (whether it’s school, work or hobbies) in half-measures.
- Highly emotionally intelligent: excellent listening and relationship-building skills, with sufficient maturity to liaise with all levels/types of roles within the business
- You can keep calm under pressure, and you’re confident and outgoing, with high energy, focus and levels of self-motivation.
- 5+ years' experience in a sales role in charge of leading and building up a sales pipeline and having revenue responsibility in a financial institution or a relevant fast-growth startup
- Track record of engaging with C-level execs
- Experience with export finance, insurance or trade finance
- Native-level fluency in German and English, with high proficiency (B2 or higher) in a third language a strong plus